San Quentin xWays
- Released: 01/2021
- Developers: Nolimit City
- Minimum Bet: €0.20
- Maximum Bet: €32
- Total Return To Player (RTP): 96.03%
- Maximum Payout: 150,000x base bet
- Available on Mobile: yes
Nolimit City boldly enter 2021 with a bang – with probably one of the most talked about controversial slots in a long time!
Their 2021 January release, San Quentin xWays sets the bar very high from the start of the year for other operators. San Quentin xWays is themed on the oldest prison in California, USA – San Quentin Prison, also known as “The Q”. San Quentin is a maximum security prison for men.
San Quentin XWays slot pays out a maximum of 150,000 x your bet and is of extreme volatility, 10/10.
Ways to win & the locked enhancer cell positions
This starts off as a 5×3 reel with 243 ways to win however, the slot features 5 locked symbols at the top and bottom of the reels, known as locked enhancer cell positions.
These added cells increase the number of ways to win in the slot when special symbols appear in the locked enhancer cell positions.
The low paying symbols from lowest to highest include a handcuffs, toilet roll, a screw driver / brush with a razor blade?, a zippo and last but not least a soap bar. Yes, a soap bar.
The high paying symbols from lowest to highest include the main characters at San Quentin, the inmates Crazy Joe, Biker Bill, Loco Luis, Heinrich 3rd and Beefy Dick.
Screenshot is taken from slot set at bet size €1.
Bonus Symbols and special symbols
Ok, so what symbols should you look out for during the base game? You want to look out for the Bonus Symbol.
- Landing 1 or 2 bonus symbols will open the Enhancer cell on its respective reel and at the same time turn the bonus symbol into a wild.
- Landing 3 or more bonus symbol will trigger the Lockdown Spins.
What happens when you trigger the enhancer cell?
- When you land 1 or 2 bonus symbols the enhancer cell is triggered to open and may reveal a high paying symbol, or a special symbol such as the Wild, Razor Split or xWays symbol.
- Razor symbol splits all regular positions into double, landing on top and bottom will split them twice.
- xWays symbol will all reveal the same regular paying symbols, stacked at 4.
What happens when you trigger the Lockdown Spins?
- Landing 3, 4 or 5 bonus symbols will trigger Lockdown Spins with either 1, 2, or 3 Jumping Wilds. The number of active Jumping Wilds during the Lockdown Spins are highlighted on the right side of the screen (on desktop).
- The amount of spins, multiplier and random convict premium symbol will be decided before the start of the feature.
- During the Lockdown Spins feature the Enhancer reels are open and active transforming the 5×3 into a 5×5+.
- If a Jumping Wild lands on a reel with a Razor Split enhancer it will double its multiplier, which will stay for the remainder of the feature. The minimum multiplier for a Jumping Wild is 2 up to a maximum multiplier of 512x!
San Quentin xWays Bonus Feature Buy
Luckily Nolimit City have created a bonus feature buy so you can buy your wait straight into the fun part of the game – the Lockdown Spins! There are three options yo trigger the Bonus Buy with 3, 4 or 5 Bonus symbols at 100x, 400x or staggering 2000x the bet, respectively.
So what makes the slot so talked about?
So the slot is based on a renown prison and its main characters are inmates however so many slots feature villains as their main characters that this aspect does not make it talkable, more so, the low-win unsettling reminder imagery depicting the feet of two inmates in a shower and soap bar on the floor.
We rate this slot an aggressive 10/10. This Slot was so much fun to play, from its unique and controversial theme, to the game features in both the base and main game, its graphics, music, exciting “Big Win” and “Psycho Man Hunt” clips. Being a high volatile slot this game will appeal to all players but especially high rollers with a good sized bankroll.
Where Can I play The San Quentin Slot Online?
One of our top rated casinos, Amun Ra Casino has all of the game titles from the No Limit city game studio, including San Quentin.