Rome: The Golden Age
- Released: February 2021
- Developers: Netent
- Minimum Bet: €0.10
- Maximum Bet: €50
- Total Return To Player (RTP): 96.06% default
- Maximum Payout: 100,000x base bet
- Available on Mobile: Yes
Let the games begin in Netent´s 2021 February release Rome: The Golden Age™. Set in ancient Rome, this slot has some exciting features in store for players especially the frame collection and free spins with a progressive free spins multiplier.
The slot is of medium to high level volatility and pays over 100,000 times the bet.
Ways to win
Rome: The Golden Age™ slot is made up of 5 reels with each reel containing a different number of rows. Starting from left to right the number of rows in this slot are 3-4-5-4-3.
This video slot has 20 fixed bet lines.
The low paying symbols from lowest to highest include the 10, J, Q, K, A.
The high paying symbols from lowest to highest include the swords, the Roman helmet, the ring, the SPQR Golden Eagle, the Tiger and last but not least the Wild symbol.
Screenshot is taken from slot set at bet size €2.
Special Symbols, frames and the collect meter bar
The formed arch above the reels is a coin collection meter which fills up as players collect The Golden Age coins for a chance to win up to x1000 Free Spins Multiplier that will be used at the end of the Free Spins bonus game. The higher the multiplier the better the result so get collecting, get playing!
How to collect points.
- The collect meter starts at x1 multiplier.
- For every Golden Age Symbol appearing on the reels a point is collected. Three Golden Age Symbols, 3 points added to your progress bar.
- Once you reach 200 points, the free spins multiplier is upgraded progressively in the following order X1, X2, X3, X5, X7, X10, X12, X15, X20, X30, X40, X50, X74, X100, X200, X300, X500, X750, X1000.
- The bar resets to 0 every time it is upgraded and in case you collected over the 200 points in your last round the difference in points will be added after the progress bar is reset to 0.
- For example in the last round you had 199/200 points. Another 5 Golden Age coins appeared on the reels so the end result would be an upgraded multiplier and 4 points added on to your newly reset progress bar.
How do the frames work?
- For every Golden Age Coin that appears on the reels its position is marked with a Frame.
- Frames can be active or inactive.
- During the same spin, if a Golden Age symbol randomly turns into a Rome symbol, its frame becomes active and on the next spin the Rome symbol converts into a Wild as well as all adjacent positions with frames turn into Wild Symbols!
How the Free Spins Work
- Step into the arena once you land 3 Scatter Symbols on reels 2, 3, 4 and hear the sound of the roaring crowds.
- During the Free Spins bonus game any positions with frames both active or inactive that did not turn into Wild symbols during the game round that activated Free Spins, become locked, stick to the reels, and award a random prize ranging from 0.5 to 50 times the bet at the end of Free Spins.
- During Free Spins, every unlocked position on the reels spins individually.
- Look out for Rome Symbols landing on any unlocked position as the reels as it resets the number of the remaining Free Spins back to 3 and awards a random prize ranging from 0.5 to 50 times the bet. The position gets locked.
- At the end the Free Spins the multiplier collected during the base game is applied.
- If all positions get locked, Free Spins end and an extra x2 Multiplier is awarded on all random prizes on Rome symbols and free spins.
We rate this slot a golden 7/10 for its never ending action in the base game in terms of collection of frames and coins for the free spins multiplier. The ancient Roman theme is not unique however, its graphics and dramatic sound track are in typical Netent premium quality. This game is suitable for average to medium players, however due to all the action in the base game it could be too slow paced for those players preferring a faster game. There is no bonus buy feature in this slot.